10. In his lifetime Dr Barnardo helped almost 20,000 poor and homeless children.
9. He wanted to become a medical missionary in China.
8. When he was 16 he got the job of a wine merchant.
7. As a 17 year old he was a travelling preacher.
6. He was brought up by his half-sister Sophie because his Mum was too weak.
5. He broke 2 ribs on one occasion.
4. He actually met some of the characters which are in the book Street Child by Berlie Doherty.
3. The first home he set up was just for boys.
2. In 1891 he was part of a group which managed to change the law.
1. One of his daughters, Marjorie, had Down’s syndrome.
Who has visited?